Monday 12 May 2014

Carb Up

For all my previous competitions, I've done the whole carb-cutting thing. It works, but then...
Both Alex and I agree that there seems to be a rebound effect that causes not only some pretty major weight gain, but also an imbalance in hormones that leads to all sorts of other crazy side effects.  You also feel like crap and look depleted and stringy. 
I now know that for me, just eating clean and working hard is the way to go. Before my first show ever, I was 10% body fat before I carbed down, and looked far better a week after the show!
So, when a new client who wants to train for the stage voiced her concerns about the diet, I was able to confidently assure her not to worry. 
If you need more proof, just look at how many people have gained all their weight back and then some almost immediately after doing the Atkins' diet... 
Moderation, I hate to say it, is the way to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment