Wednesday 18 June 2014

Water Babies

I went for my first outdoor swim on Monday night, and it was fabulous. The water was warm, it was sunny and I could watch my shadow swimming on the bottom of the pool. 
I never understand people who say they don't like to swim. The way I figure it, we crawled out of the ocean eons ago, but I feel drawn to water because something about it is comforting. 
We spend the 9 months after conception in amniotic fluid, which is basically sea water. An infant dropped in a pool not only knows how to swim, but how to hold it's breath. Our tears are also like sea water. 
So, as much as I believe we are meant to walk since we evolved to be bipedal, I also believe we still have the innate ability to swim. And what could be better? A refreshing, zero impact workout that works the whole body and the cardiovascular system.
So go and get wet!

No comments:

Post a Comment