Wednesday 27 August 2014

Pick-up Line

I've been riding in the city for over 20 years, and in that time, I have noticed that certain drivers can usually be counted on to behave like cretins, especially around cyclists. 
Taxi drivers are the worst. Bus drivers also appear to resent those of us who prefer 2 wheels. I've been hit by 2 cabs and shoved into traffic and cut off by buses too many times to count.  I'm not saying all cab drivers or all bus drivers are out to get me, but I take extra care around them and I'm never surprised when they refuse to share the road.
The latest group is drivers of pick-up trucks. Again, not everyone who owns that type of vehicle is dangerous driver, but all that towing power and hemi-this and that seems to appeal to the kind of man who takes very stupid risks and it is only because I am such a good cyclist that I haven't been taken out by one of these morons yet. 
What is it? I don't know, but I can't help thinking, 'Big truck, small dick'. Maybe that's why they're so angry?

No comments:

Post a Comment