Thursday 13 March 2014

All You Have To Do Is Do It

For anyone wondering why I call myself Miss Abs, it is because when I transformed my body from160 lbs of mush to muscle machine, I got a six, then 8 pack, and people at my gym who didn't know my name called me Miss Abs.
But before I earned the name, I worked really hard for many months in the gym and in the kitchen.
I bring this up because there are many people who, just about now, are trying to get a six-pack of their own before summer.
GREAT! But...a word to the wise - don't expect results tomorrow! It seems to be human nature to be impatient, to want a quick fix, to want what we want now. Far too often, I see a new gym member toiling away in the gym every day for a few weeks...and then they disappear. You can't do it all in a day. The body needs time to adjust, especially for those of us who are not first-timers in the gym. That kind of overload can lead to a state of overtraining, which leaves you unable to train for some time and can lead to illness. So be patient, and be persistent, and keep the diet on track. It will happen.
One of the many things I love about training is that, with the right program, frequency and intensity, results are guaranteed. You just have to do it!
So, like spring (?) your fitter body is coming - it just takes time. Don't give up😊

No comments:

Post a Comment