Saturday 22 March 2014

Whole Body, Whole Brain

I do a lot of compound movements when I train, and I train most of my clients the same way. A compound movement is one in which more than one muscle group is working at a time. For example, a squat works the entire lower body, plus the arms and core muscles. I also use combination movements, like a lunge with a shoulder press.
Many of my clients complain "but I'm not coordinated!". Well, GET coordinated! The 'choreography' that everyone whines about has two functions - one, to burn more calories, and two, to make the workout more efficient. What's more, performing these exercises uses many parts of the brain. I'm working out their bodies and their minds!
So, if you hate Turkish get-ups, do them anyway. It's good for you - ALL of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment