Thursday 24 April 2014

Bike Safe

I see the craziest things when I'm riding. Yesterday, I was stuck behind a guy riding erratically on Pape, and as I finally passed him, I realized he was playing with his iPod. Listening to music while riding is one thing, but one hand and both eyes busy on something other than riding is nuts!
Today I saw a girl chatting on her phone while riding. It's not just their safety I'm concerned about, but mine as well. If I try to pass them and they suddenly swerve because they're not paying attention, I could be pushed into traffic. 
And on my ride today, I witnessed a woman driver on her phone blocking an intersection, halfway through the turn and oblivious to the cars lining up behind her.
I love my phone, too, but there is not one thing more important than my safety, and everyone should feel the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment