Thursday 3 April 2014

Workout Fun

I train a 12 year old girl. Some people thinks that's crazy, but I love working with  her. Because she's too young for traditional weight training, I've had to come up with creative routines. We bounce on the BOSU, skip rope, run suicides and, best of all, we do 'the dogsled'. I put a giant rubber band (meant to used for assisted pull-ups) around her waist, I sit on a towel, and I make her drag me across the floor. Then I drag her. We laugh like crazy, and her mother thinks it's hilarious. But my point is that it's FUN.
Working out doesn't have to be weights. It doesn't have to be tedious. The human body is designed for movement, and I find great pleasure in exploring my capabilities, going beyond what I thought were my limits. It feels good to move, and if you can find something enjoyable, you'll stick with it. Like swimming. It's cardio, it's strength, and it's zero impact.
Find something that feels good and do it. It will keep you young and healthy, and your body will thank you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment