Tuesday 15 April 2014

One Easy Step to a Bad Back

Do you ever use a kettle bell? If so, do you know what you're doing? 
I ask because I see a lot of members using kettle bells improperly. I watched a couple yesterday trying to do a synchronized routine (they were NOT in sync), and one of the moves was supposed to be a clean and press. Their form was so bad, I'd be surprised if they are not both injured today.
Yes, kettle bells are totally cool, and it's a great way to mix strength training with cardio...BUT using them incorrectly is a guaranteed way to mess up your back, tear a rotator cuff muscle, or even hurt another person. 
I learned how to use machines by reading the instructions and by reading up on what I was trying to do. But kettle bells don't come with instructions. If you're tempted, get a personal trainer or take a class, but don't think you can learn it on YouTube. You Can't!

No comments:

Post a Comment